The NICHD Strategic Plan includes five broad research themes that enable us to focus our efforts on the most significant public health challenges and advance science in these priority areas. NICHD scientists and staff have been working since the release of the NICHD Strategic Plan in September 2019 to make the research goals and objectives a reality. To learn about some of our ongoing progress, select from the following themes:
- Progress on Theme 1: Understanding the Molecular, Cellular, and Structural Basis of Development
- Progress on Theme 2: Promoting Gynecologic, Andrologic, and Reproductive Health
- Progress on Theme 3: Setting the Foundation for Healthy Pregnancies and Lifelong Wellness
- Progress on Theme 4: Improving Child and Adolescent Health and the Transition to Adulthood
- Progress on Theme 5: Advancing Safe and Effective Therapeutics and Devices for Pregnant and Lactating Women, Children, and People with Disabilities
- Progress on Cross-Cutting Themes: Highlights
We will be updating this website periodically to report on our continued progress. Check back to find out how we’re doing.