NICHD OD provides overall leadership, planning, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the institute's research programs and activities. OD also develops internal policies and procedures and monitors their implementation and maintenance.
In addition, NICHD OD leads the institute's efforts in the assessment and dissemination of information to the scientific community, clinical practitioners, and the public.
The NICHD Director is Diana W. Bianchi, M.D.
The NICHD Deputy Director is Alison Cernich, Ph.D.
- 2021 NICHD International Activities Catalog (PDF 2.2 MB)
- Selected NICHD Research Advances of 2021
- 2021 Research Plan on Rehabilitation (PDF 1.51 MB): NIH recently released its revised plan to guide trans-NIH efforts at improving the health and lives of people across a wide range of ability levels. NICHD’s National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research, which heads the Medical Rehabilitation Coordinating Committee and coordinates rehabilitation research activities across NIH, led development of the 2021 plan.
- News Release: NIH announces winners of data challenge to identify risk factors for first-time pregnancies. Awarded projects of the Decoding Maternal Morbidity Data Challenge seek to reduce pregnancy complications and prevent maternal deaths.
- NICHD Strategic Plan 2020: This plan supports NICHD's new vision and mission statements, and lays out the institute's research themes, goals, and objectives for the next five years. Explore these elements and track and share our progress.
- COVID-19 Research and NICHD
- Active Funding Opportunity Announcements