NICHD’s OA provides resources and guidance to help the institute and other NIH components acquire research and development (R&D) services through contract mechanisms.
OA comprises the following branches and office:
- Acquisition Resources Branch: Provides support for information technology contract needs for NICHD, R&D contract needs for the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, and various contract needs for the NIH Office of Extramural Research.
- Acquisitions Services Branch: Maintains administrative support services and research contracts for NICHD and for the Fogarty International Center, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, and the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities.
- NICHD Contracts Management Branch: Supports R&D work for NICHD.
- Policy Office: Supports the Consolidated Operations Acquisition Center's (COAC) mission through the following tasks:
- Reviews acquisition and contract actions to ensure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations, HHS Acquisition Regulations, HHS Acquisition Policy, NIH Acquisition Policy, and Appropriations Law
- Establishes and updates acquisition standard operating procedures
- Oversees and reviews all phases of the acquisition process
- Supports the COAC's acquisition teams
- Advises customers and staff on business-related activities
- Provides support for contract closeout activities