NICHD’s OA provides resources and guidance to help the institute and other NIH components acquire research and development (R&D) services through contract mechanisms.
OA comprises the following branches:
- Acquisitions Services Branch: Provides support for information technology, administrative support services, and research contracts to NICHD, the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, and the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities.
- NICHD Contracts Management Branch: Supports R&D work for NICHD.
- NIAAA Contracts Management Branch: Supports R&D contract needs for the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- Contract Policy Branch: Supports the Consolidated Operations Acquisition Center's (COAC) mission through the following tasks:
- Reviews acquisition and contract actions to ensure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Acquisition Regulations, HHS Acquisition Policy, NIH Acquisition Policy, and Appropriation Law
- Establishes and updates acquisition standard operating procedures
- Oversees and reviews all phases of the acquisition process
- Provides support to the COAC's acquisition teams
- Provides sound business advice to customers and staff
- Provides support in contract closeout activities