NICHD sponsors education grants for summer research experiences and short courses using the R25 mechanism.
- Purpose: Support institutions that provide high-quality research experiences for high school and college students and for science teachers during the summer academic break.
- Summer research experiences must be in subject areas relevant to the NICHD mission.
- Eligibility: The Program Director/Principal Investigator and other faculty providing laboratory experiences are generally expected to have research grant support, as well as specific support from NICHD. If some faculty mentors do not have NICHD support, the application must clearly describe how the program and summer research experiences relate to NICHD’s mission.
- View: Current R25 Summer Program Announcement
- View: NICHD and Other NIH Institute/Center-Specific Requirements for the R25 Mechanism
- Purpose: Support development and conduct of short-term research education programs to improve the knowledge and research skills of biomedical and behavioral scientists conducting research in areas relevant to the NICHD mission. Programs focusing on uses of model organisms are encouraged.
- Eligibility: Established investigators who propose short-duration educational programs to improve the research capabilities of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, or new investigators.
- View: Current R25 Education Program Announcement