Understanding the structure and function of the nervous system is a prerequisite for predicting and treating neuropathologies. Our group uses a variety of preparations, including animal models and human tissue, and a variety of techniques to study the biology of development and function of the nervous system and underlying basic biological processes in both health and disease.
Labs within this group include (alphabetically):
- Tamas Balla Lab: Section on Molecular Signal Transduction
- Dax Hoffman Lab: Molecular Neurophysiology and Biophysics Section
- Y Peng Loh Lab: Section on Cellular Neurobiology
- Chris McBain Lab: Section on Cellular and Synaptic Physiology
- Tim Petros Lab: Unit on Cellular and Molecular Neurodevelopment
- Mark Stopfer Lab: Section on Sensory Coding and Neural Ensembles