- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry offers a fact sheet called Children’s Sleep Problems .
- HealthyChildren.org offers several resources for parents, including A Parent’s Guide to Safe Sleep and videos on safe sleep for babies in English took .
- HelpGuide.org’s Sleep Disorders and Sleeping Problems provides information on common sleep disorders and when to see a doctor.
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine’s Sleep Disorders and CAM: At a Glance addressed the use of complementary and alternative medicine therapies, such as dietary supplement and relaxation techniques, for sleep disorders.
- The Healthy Sleep (PDF - 1.8 MB) fact sheet from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) explains the importance of sleep and provides tips for getting a good night’s sleep.
- The National Center on Sleep Disorders Research: Patient and Public Information, part of the NHLBI, provides an interactive sleep quiz, a high school biology curriculum supplement on sleep, and other resources.
- The Safe to Sleep® (formerly Back to Sleep) campaign educates parents to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
- The National Library of Medicine’s (NLM’s) MedlinePlus has a page on Sleep Disorders.
- TeensHealth from Nemours offers information for teens on Common Sleep Problems .
- WebMD’s Sleep Disorders Health Center provides information, news, tips, and resources related to sleep disorders.
Services, Resources, and Support
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.