Links to websites of groups that study or provide information about hypoparathyroidism.
- American Thyroid Association
The American Thyroid Association provides patient information on many thyroid health-related topics, including hypoparathyroidism .
- Hormone Health Network
The Hormone Health Network, sponsored by the Endocrine Society , provides information on endocrinology topics including hypoparathyroidism .
- Hypoparathyroidism Association, Inc.
The Hypoparathyroidism Association, Inc., publishes an information booklet for patients: A Quick Guide to Understanding Hypoparathyroidism .
MedlinePlus is a resource of the National Library of Medicine. Its page on hypoparathyroidism covers causes, symptoms, tests, and treatment.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders
The National Organization for Rare Disorders maintains materials for patients and families about hypoparathyroidism and familial isolated hypoparathyroidism .
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
- European Society of Endocrinology Clinical Guideline: Treatment of Chronic Hypoparathyroidism in Adults
This 2015 publication in the European Journal of Endocrinology provides treatment guidelines for hypoparathyroidism.
- American Thyroid Association Statement on Postoperative Hypoparathyroidism: Diagnosis, Prevention, and Management in Adults
This report from 2018 reviews causes, prevention, and management of postoperative hypoparathyroidism and includes a discussion of PTH replacement therapy (PTH-RT) strategies as alternatives to the standard vitamin D and calcium supplementation.
- Advances in the Treatment of Hypoparathyroidism with PTH 1-34
This 2018 review summarizes studies of PTH-RT, with long-term follow-up results.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from NICHD, NIH, or HHS