Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
  Print Page

When should I consult a health care provider?

Skip sharing on social media links
Share this:

Couples should consult with a health care provider about fertility problems if they have had unprotected sex for 1 year without a successful pregnancy.

Exceptions to this recommendation apply to:

  • Women older than age 35 who have had 6 months of unprotected sex without a successful pregnancy
  • Women who suspect they may have underlying problems that will affect fertility, such as irregular periods
  • Individuals who have been diagnosed with specific conditions that are known to reduce fertility

Last Updated Date: 03/22/2013
Last Reviewed Date: 07/02/2013