Basic information for topics, such as "What is it?" and "How many people are affected?" is available in the About Endometriosis section. Other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that are specific to a certain topic are answered in this section.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. (2008). Endometriosis. Washington, D.C.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine. (2008). Endometriosis and infertility: Can surgery help? Retrieved December 10, 2015, from
Patient_Resources/Fact_Sheets_and_Info_Booklets/endometriosis_infertility.pdf (PDF - 239 KB)
- Sayasneh, A., Tsivos, D., & Crawford, R. (2011, July 15). Endometriosis and ovarian cancer: A systematic review. ISRN Obstetrics and Gynecology. Retrieved December 10, 2015, from
- Munksgaard, P. S., & Blaakaer, J. (2011). The association between endometriosis and gynecological cancers and breast cancer: A review of epidemiological data. Gynecologic Oncology, 123, 157–163.
- Melin, A., Sparen, P., Persson, I., & Bergqvist, A. (2006). Endometriosis and the risk of cancer with special emphasis on ovarian cancer. Human Reproduction, 21, 1237–1242.
- Giudice, L. C. (2010). Endometriosis. New England Journal of Medicine, 362, 2389–2398.