- Council for Exceptional Children: Current special education topics
- U.S. Department of Education: Assistive Technology
- Family Caregiver Alliance: Assistive Technology
- Federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs around the nation: Disability.gov
- Learning Disabilities Association of America: Information about learning disabilities
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research: Welcome to NIDRR
- National Public Website on Assistive Technology: State Tech ACT Projects
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America: About RESNA
Services, Resources, and Support
This organization focuses on enhancing the quality of life for amputees and their families. It offers a downloadable fact sheet on financial assistance for prosthetic services, durable medical equipment, and other assistive devices.
The focus of CforAT is on access to computers and technology for people with disabilities. In so doing, the organization helps children with disabilities succeed in school, assists adults with finding and keeping jobs, and allows all people with disabilities to benefit from the digital revolution.
- Learn about CforAT's programs.
- Read about the lending library of iPads and iPod Touches as well as the available training sessions.
- Find out about upcoming computer training sessions.
- Access CforAT's Facebook page.
The Alliance is a public voice for caregivers. Its programs support families caring for loved ones with chronic, disabling health conditions.
- Access the state-by-state Family Care NavigatorSM.
- Obtain caregiving information and advice.
- Read Connections newsletter.
- Join an online discussion group.
The Center's website provides thousands of resources for families of children and youth with disabilities. It offers a range of information and services on the subject of assistive and instructional technologies.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.