Basic information for topics, such as “What is it?” is available in the About Rehabilitative and Assistive Technology section. Answers to other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) specific to rehabilitative and assistive technology are in this section.
What support is available for those who need to use assistive technology?
People using assistive technologies and their families and caregivers can access information and support from a variety of organizations, including the following:
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Center for Accessible Technology (CforAT)
- U.S. Department of Education, State Tech ACT Projects
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Social Security Administration
Additional sources of information about services and support are listed in the Resources section of this health topic.