The Division of Population Health Research (DiPHR) has had a longstanding presence within NICHD. The division first appeared on NICHD's organizational chart in 1967, only 5 years after the establishment of the institute, as the Epidemiology and Biometry Branch. It was later renamed the Epidemiology and Biometry Research Program in 1970; the Division of Prevention Research in 1990; the Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research in 1991; and the Division of Intramural Population Health Research in 2012. Following a reorganization within NICHD in 2021, the program had a slight name change and was moved into the Division of Intramural Research to facilitate collaboration.
In 2017, the division marked its 50th anniversary with a scientific symposium. The program focused on Population Health Across the Life Course and highlighted DiPHR's past and current discoveries and their continual implications for population health. Speakers discussed critical and sensitive windows of human exposure and their effects on children and future generations. The program also included talks on emerging and novel methods for measuring exposures during these windows, and multilevel data needed to address knowledge gaps.
The division produces an annual report on its research activities.
- Division Annual Report 2022 (PDF 2 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2021 (PDF 2 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2020 (PDF 3.3 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2019 (PDF 1 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2018 (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2017 (PDF 8 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2016 (PDF 1.9 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2015 (PDF 1 MB)
- Division Annual Report 2014 (PDF 990 KB)