May 25-26, 2016
National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research (NCMRR), NICHD; National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH; National Institute on Nursing Research, NIH; National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, NIH
Natcher Conference Center (Building 45), NIH Main Campus, Bethesda, Maryland
The intent of this conference is to:
- Address the full scope of the rehabilitation research portfolio at the NIH;
- Highlight accomplishments and advances that have resulted from NIH-sponsored projects and programs; and
- Provide the scientific community and the public an opportunity to provide input in the development of the recommendations for the NIH Rehabilitation Research Plan.
The meeting is an opportunity to highlight the field, identify gaps and possibilities in rehabilitation research, discuss infrastructure needs, and highlight training and career development opportunities.
During the meeting, input will be solicited from the audience, including scientists, clinicians, policy makers, professional groups and public advocates, in order to further refine the recommendations and identify potential activities to advance the NIH Rehabilitation Research Plan. For more information about the Plan, visit the Request for Information (RFI) link below.
The meeting is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
- Watch the video cast of the meeting
- Meeting summary (PDF - 531 KB)
- Meeting website (Includes Registration and Draft Agenda )
- NCMRR website
- Request for Information (RFI) NOT-HD-15-032: Inviting Comments and Suggestions on the Priorities specified for the NIH-wide Rehabilitation Research Plan