The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) is committed to supporting research in the neurosciences, particularly as they affect developing systems and rehabilitation.
NICHD supports the full spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical research in the biomedical and behavioral neurosciences. This website provides information for researchers, scientists, health care providers, and others about NICHD funding and research opportunities within the neurosciences.
- Consumer-focused information about NICHD's neuroscience research is available in Neuroscience: Overview within the A to Z Topic section.
- Information about cross-NICHD neuroscience activities and advances is available at Neuroscience: NICHD Research Information within the A to Z Topic section.
- Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD) Study
- Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies® (BRAIN) Initiative
- Helping to End Addiction Long-termSM (HEAL) Initiative
- INCLUDE (INvestigation of Co-occurring conditions across the Lifespan to Understand Down syndromE) project
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research
Select from the following to learn more about NICHD's neuroscience research support activities.