Bldg. 49, Rm. 6C80
Major Research Projects
- Trafficking and sorting of Carboxypeptidase E to the regulated secretory pathway in neurons and neuroendocrine cells;
- The secretory vesicle biogenesis and trafficking;
- The role of transmembrane domain of prohormone convertase 1 in regulated secretion pathway.
- Yang X, Lou H, Chen YT, Huang SFand Loh YP.A novel 40kD N-terminal truncated Carboxypetidase E splice variant: Cloning, cDNA sequence analysis and role in regulation of metastatic genes in human cancers. Genes and Cancer 2019 (E-Published July 15, 2019)
- Cawley, NX, Rathod, T, Young, S., Lou, H., Birch, N.P. and Loh, Y.P. Carboxypeptidase E and Secretogranin III coordinately facilitate efficient sorting of pro-opiomelanocortin to the regulated secretory pathway in AtT20 cells. Mol Endo 2016 Jan;30(1):37-47.
- Lou H, Park JJ, Phillips A, Loh YP. γ-Adducin promotes process outgrowth and secretory protein exit from the Golgi apparatus. J Mol Neurosci. 2013 Jan;49(1):1-10.
- Cawley NX, Sridhar M, Hong H, Loh P. Exploring the membrane topology of prohormone convertase 1 in AtT20 Cells: in situ analysis by immunofluorescence microscopy. F1000Res. 2012 Aug 8;2.
- Cawley NX, Portela-Gomes G, Lou H, Loh YP. Yapsin 1 immunoreactivity in alpha-cells of human pancreatic islets: implications for the processing of human proglucagon by mammalian aspartic proteases. Endocrinol. 2011 Aug;210(2):181-7. Epub 2011 Jun 1.
- Lou H, Park JJ, Cawley NX, Sarcon A, Su L, Adams T, and Loh YP. Carboxypeptidase E Cytoplasmic Tail Mediates Localization of Synaptic Vesicles to the Pre-Active Zone in Hypothalamic Pre-Synaptic Terminals. J Neurochem. 2010 Aug;114(3):886-96. Epub 2010 May 18.
- Lou H, Smith AM, Coates LC, Cawley NX, Loh YP, Birch NP. The transmembrane domain of the prohormone convertase PC3: a key motif for targeting to the regulated secretory pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007 15;267(1-2):17-25.
- Cawley NX, Arnaoutova I, Yanik T, Lou H, Patel N and Loh YP. Techniques in Neuropeptide processing, trafficking and secretion. Methods in Neurobiology. The Humana Press Inc. 2007 67-96.
- Lou H, Kim SK, Zaitsev E, Snell C, Lu B, and Loh YP. Sorting and activity-dependent secretion of BDNF require interaction of a specific motif with the sorting receptor Carboxypeptidase E. Neuron 2005 45:245-255.
- Zhang CF, Dhanvantari S, Lou H, Loh YP. Sorting of Carboxypeptidase E to the regulated secretory pathway requires interaction of its transmembrane domain with lipid rafts. Biochem J 2003 369(3):453-460.
- Saito S, Lou H, Rohit Aras, Foegh ML, Ramwell PW. Effect of estrogen on nitric oxide synthase expression in rat aorta allograft and smooth muscle cells. J Heart Lung Transplant 1999 18:937-945.
- Lou H, Martin MB, Stoica A, Ramwell PW, Foegh ML. Upregulation of Estrogen Receptor-a Expression in Rabbit Cardiac Allograft. Cir Res 1998 83:947-951.
- Lou H, Ramwell PW, Foegh ML. Estradiol 17-b represses insulin-like growth factor-I receptor expression in smooth muscle cells from rabbit cardiac recipients. Transplantation 1998 66:419-426.
- Lou H, Zhao Y, Delafontaine P, Kodama T, Katz NM, Foegh ML. Estrogen effects on insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) induced cell proliferation and IGF-I Expression in native and allograft vessels. Circulation 1997 96:927-933.
- Lou H, Kodama T, Wang YN, Katz NM, Ramwell PW, Foegh ML. Major histocompatibility complex class II antigen expression is suppressed by estradiol in cardiac allografts. Transpl Proce 1997 29:2626-2627.
- Lou H, Kodama T, Zhao Y, Maurice P, Wang YN, Katz NM, Foegh ML. Inhibition of transplant coronary arteriosclerosis in rabbits by chronic estradiol treatment is associated with abolishing MHC class II antigen expression. Circulation 1996 94(12):3355-3361.
- Lou H, Kodama T, Wang YN, Katz NM, Ramwell PW, Foegh ML. L-Arginine prevents cardiac transplant arteriosclerosis by modulating the vascular cell proliferative response to insulin-like growth factor-I and interleukin-6. J Heart Lung Transplant 1996 15:1248-1257.
- Delafontaine P, Anwar A, Lou H, Ku L. G-Protein coupled and tyrosine kinase receptors - Evidence that activation of the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor is required for thrombin-induced mitogenisis of rat aortic smooth muscle cells. J Clin Inv 1996 97(1):139-145.
- Delafontaine P, Lou H. Angiotensin II regulates insulin-like growth factor I gene expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem 1993 268, 16866-168701.