Skip to main content
BACK TO TOP
Services, Resources, and Support
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities : This organization provides support services, education, and service activities for families and their loved ones affected by developmental and other disabilities.
- HHS, Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities strives to ensure that individuals with developmental disabilities and their families participate in the design of and have access to culturally competent and needed community services, individualized supports, and other forms of assistance that promote self-determination, independence, productivity, and integration and inclusion in all facets of community life.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD): This center was established in 2001 following the passage of The Children’s Health Act of 2000. It measures the incidence and prevalence of birth defects and developmental disabilities in the U.S. population and disseminates related health information.
- The Arc is a reference website supporting families and their loved ones affected by intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The March of Dimes is an informative resource on child health and welfare.
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association supports and promotes speech, language, and hearing programs and initiatives.
- NIH, Office of Rare Diseases Research, provides research information as well as links to patient advocacy groups for rare diseases.
- Special Olympics : This organization supports and promotes athletic activities among those with birth defects and intellectual disabilities and disorders.
- Genetic Alliance : This group provides information and support for those affected by genetic diseases and conditions.
- Disability.gov: This website provides resources and other information on disabilities and other conditions, including information about programs that help support people with these conditions.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders : This federation of voluntary health organizations provides information, resources, and other information on rare disorders.