March 4, 11, 18, and 25, 2022 (Every Friday in March; see times in “More Information”)
Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Branch (PNGB), Division of Extramural Research (DER), NICHD
NIH VideoCast; registration is free but required
The BOND Project began in 2010 to address a range of issues impacting the domestic and global food and nutrition enterprise, such as food insecurity. It also provided service and support to members of its key user working groups: 1) scientists involved in basic science, 2) clinicians providing care and/or conducting research, 3) those involved in public health surveillance, and 4) those charged with the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programs/interventions.
BOND-KIDS re-engages these four working groups to examine the nutritional needs and assessment issues for school-age children (5 through 19 years). Using the existing BOND platform and process, the working groups will address the following:
- Impact of biology/nutritional needs on key biological systems such as growth, neurodevelopment, endocrinology, or reproductive health
- Impact of psychosocial and related environments on cognitive/behavioral development including food choice, eating behaviors, and other pertinent outcomes
- Assessment of what needs to be considered in efforts to evaluate the impact of programs and interventions to provide nutritional support to school-aged children
- Development of a framework for translating and implementing current and emerging evidence to inform program, policy, and standards of care to ensure both safety and efficacy of programs that address nutritional needs of school-aged children domestically and globally and how best to inform efforts to measure these impacts
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations to participate in this activity should contact Monica Barnette at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days in advance.
- The March 4 meeting will occur from 9 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET. All other meetings will be from 10 a.m. ET to 1 p.m. ET.
- Learn more about BOND-KIDS
Jenny Wilson, PGNB, DER, NICHD
Dr. Daniel Raiten, PGNB, DER, NICHD