The NICHD Highlights Important Information about Pregnancy
This August, we focused on pregnancy—providing information, tips, and resources, plus a chance for members of the public to chat with experts over a Twitter #pregnancychat.
Among the new resources now available are an animation that illustrates the stages of labor and an infographic that dispels some common pregnancy myths.
We also answered some common questions, including:
- How might smoking affect a woman's fetus?
- Do women with disabilities face riskier pregnancies?
- How has research helped improve pregnancy outcomes?
Here's a round-up of NICHD pregnancy information from August.
Meet Our Researchers Interview
- Dr. Caroline Signore: Exploring Pregnancy in Women with Disabilities
- Animation: Stages of Labor
- NICHD Podcasts Feature Research on Maternal Smoking
- Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Newborns: Research to Improve Outcomes
- Healthy Pre-Pregnancy Diet and Exercise May Reduce Risk of Gestational Diabetes
- An Aspirin a Day for Preeclampsia Prevention
Originally Posted: September 4, 2014