- NICHD Condition Information: Adrenal gland disorders
- NICHD Division of Intramural Research, Annual Report, 2011: Research accomplishments and scientific discoveries.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Cushing’s syndrome information page
- National Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases Information Service: Cushing’s syndrome
- Cushing’s Support and Research Foundation: The basics
- MedlinePlus, National Library of Medicine: Cushing’s syndrome information page
- Pituitary Network Association: Pituitary disorders: Cushing’s syndrome
- The Pituitary Society: Cushing’s syndrome and Cushing’s disease: Your questions answered
- The Hormone Foundation: Pituitary disorders resources
Organizations, Support, and Services
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons has a patient section that includes background on pituitary surgery and first-person stories. It also has a directory of neurosurgeons.
- Search the association’s neurosurgeon directory to find a specialist.
- The Cushing’s Help and Support website has information, chat groups, and a support community.
- Cushing’s Support and Research Foundation provides information and support for patients and their families. The site also includes a searchable database of experts in the field.
- Search the foundation’s database of experts in Cushing’s syndrome.
- Daily Strength hosts a support community and message board for Cushing’s patients.
- The Hormone Foundation has a database of Endocrine Society members searchable by zip code.
- Find an endocrinologist .
Resources Discussing Tumors Linked to Cushing’s Syndrome
Another part of the NIH, the National Cancer Institute conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs focused on the cause, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer. This includes rehabilitation and the continuing care of cancer patients and their families.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.