- American Stroke Association
The American Stroke Association funds scientific research, helps people better understand and avoid stroke, encourages government support, guides health care professionals, and provides information to enhance the quality of life for stroke survivors.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
NINDSprovides detailed information about stroke, including symptoms, causes, treatments, research, and prevention.
- The NINDS Know Stroke site offers a wide range of materials about stroke prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Services, Resources, and Support
- American Academy of Neurology
The American Academy of Neurology provides patient and consumer information on stroke as well as additional resources for information, services, and support.
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons provides patient information on stroke as well as help in finding board-certified neurological surgeons.
- Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association (CHASA)
CHASA is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, adults, and families affected by infant and childhood hemiplegia. CHASA connects thousands of families of children with hemiplegia and adults who have had hemiplegia since childhood through online and in-person support groups and an annual retreat.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.