- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry offers a fact sheet called Children's Sleep Problems .
- HealthyChildren.org offers several resources for parents, including A Parent's Guide to Safe Sleep and videos on safe sleep for babies in English took .
- HelpGuide.org's Sleep Disorders and Sleeping Problems provides information on common sleep disorders and when to see a doctor.
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine's Sleep Disorders and CAM: At a Glance addressed the use of complementary and alternative medicine therapies, such as dietary supplement and relaxation techniques, for sleep disorders.
- The Healthy Sleep (PDF - 1.8 MB) fact sheet from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) explains the importance of sleep and provides tips for getting a good night's sleep.
- The National Center on Sleep Disorders Research: Patient and Public Information, part of the NHLBI, provides an interactive sleep quiz, a high school biology curriculum supplement on sleep, and other resources.
- Society for Women's Health Research (SWHR)
The SWHR offers evidence-based resources on women and sleep.
- The Safe to Sleep® (formerly Back to Sleep) campaign educates parents to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep-related causes of infant death.
- The National Library of Medicine's (NLM's) MedlinePlus has a page on Sleep Disorders.
- TeensHealth from Nemours offers information for teens on Common Sleep Problems .
- WebMD's Sleep Disorders Health Center provides information, news, tips, and resources related to sleep disorders.
Services, Resources, and Support
- National Sleep Foundation
The Foundation's website provides information on sleep, including sleep disorders, and additional resources, including books, directories, and online support groups. Locate a sleep specialist .
- Healthy People 2020
Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans, including specific objectives for sleep health. Read more about the goals for sleep health.
- First Candle
As part of its work to improve the survival of babies through the first years of life, First Candle maintains information to help ensure the safe sleep of infants, including resources about sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Read about bedtime basics for babies .
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.