Skip Internal Navigation
The mission and vision of the Division, is built upon several premises:
- Population health research focuses on health and disease outcomes in populations rather than individuals.
- A life course approach, from gametes through adulthood, is important for studying health and disease.
- Hierarchical data are required for measuring environmental exposures affecting individuals, couples, or families.
- Trans-disciplinary research teams and partnerships improve population health.
- Timely translation of research findings is vital for maintaining and improving health.
To accomplish this mission, the Division designs and conducts innovative etiologic and interventional research from preconception through adulthood, translates research findings into clinical practice or public policy to maximize health and eliminate health disparities, and builds capacity through mentoring and serving our professions.
The Division aims to be a leader in population health research by focusing on successful reproduction, the health and well-being of pregnant women and their infants, and the optimal growth and development of children and adolescents across the lifespan. With the population as its observational laboratory, the Division uses collaboration, discovery, ethics, innovation, interdisciplinary teamwork, and mentoring as core values in fulfilling its mission and vision.
The Division comprises the Office of the Director and 3 research branches: Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Epidemiology and Health Behavior.
To explore DIPHR's data sharing opportunities, please visit our
Biospecimen Repository and Data Sharing (BRADS) site.
Chief and Senior Investigator of the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch position (PDF - 105 KB)
News & Events
- Workshop summary: Is Human Fecundity Changing?
Now available: Division of Intramural Population Health Research Annual Report 2015 (PDF - 1 MB)
- Stephen Gilman appointed new Chief, Health Behavior Branch, DIPHR
- Rise Goldstein appointed Staff Scientist, Health Behavior Branch, NICHD
- Stefanie Hinkle appointed Staff Scientist, Epidemiology Branch, DIPHR
- NICHD press releases for DIPHR
- Several Division scientists received professional awards recently:
- Sunni Mumford, Brian MacMahon Early Career Award, Society for Epidemiologic Research, 2015
- Enrique Schisterman, Excellence in Education Award, Society for Epidemiologic Research, 2015