February 9-10, 2023 (10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Branch (PGNB), Division of Extramural Research (DER), NICHD; Office of Dietary Supplements, Office of the NIH Director, NIH; Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
NIH VideoCast; registration is free but required
This 2-day virtual workshop, co-hosted by NIH and the FDA, focuses on research in risk communication, environmental contaminants in food, and the role of nutrition as they relate to child development.
The scientific sessions during this workshop will focus on a wide range of nutrition and toxicology topics, including:
- Challenges in children consuming adequate nutrients and the role of exposure to environmental contaminants from foods
- The important role of nutrients from different foods groups in child development and in helping to protect children from the health effects associated with exposure to contaminants
- Research opportunities in food, nutrients, and the effects of environmental exposure
- Federal agencies’ current and future risk communications
This workshop is intended to inform future related policies and facilitate science-based communication around this complex area of public health.
Individuals who need any reasonable accommodations to participate in this activity should contact Carly Sullivan at email@example.com or 301-318-0841 at least 5 days in advance.
- Register to attend ; must register by 4:29 p.m. on February 10, 2023
For registration-related questions:
For program-related questions:
LCDR Kimberlea Gibbs, PGNB, DER, NICHD