October 6, 2021-May 25, 2022 (Noon-1:00 p.m.)
Best Pharmaceuticals for Children Act, Obstetric and Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics Branch (OPPTB), Division of Extramural Research (DER), NICHD
Webinar; registration is free
The Principles of Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Lecture Series, launched in 2012, addresses the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology from a pediatric perspective. It is designed to meet the needs and knowledge gaps of those pediatric clinical pharmacology students who lack a formal educational curriculum in this discipline, but the series is open to the public.
Lectures take place from noon to 1:00 p.m. ET every Wednesday, beginning October 6, 2021, and running through May 25, 2022.
The weekly lectures are given via webinar about a variety of topics, such as:
- Fellowship/career development
- Drug metabolism, transport, and distribution
- Pharmacometrics, modeling, and trial design and simulation
- Assessment of drug effects
- Translational medicine/pharmacogenetics
- Formulations and drug delivery systems
- Drug effects and dispositions in special settings
- Ethics and informed consent
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations to participate in this activity should contact Deborah Stein, email@example.com, at least 5 days in advance.
For program-related questions:
Lesly Samedy Bates, Pharm.D, Ph.D., M.S., OPPTB, DER, NICHD
For registration/technical platform questions: