General Information About UTIs
- The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) offers several resources:
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney Infection lists the causes and symptoms of kidney infection in adults and explains the use of antibiotics to treat infection.
- Urinary Tract Infections in Adults describes the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of UTIs.
- Urinary Tract Infections in Children describes the signs and symptoms of UTIs in children, explains diagnostic procedures and treatment, and emphasizes the importance of evaluation to prevent permanent damage to a child's kidneys or urinary system.
- The Urology Care Foundation's publication Urinary Tract Infections in Children provides answers to frequently asked questions about UTIs.
General Information About UI
- The National Institute on Aging's AgePage: Urinary Incontinence describes causes, diagnosis, and treatment of UI in older adults. View the AgePage: Urinary Incontinence PDF (PDF - 163 KB).
- What I need to know about Bladder Control for Women is a comprehensive introduction to the causes, symptoms, and treatments for bladder control problems in women.
- Daily Bladder Diary is an easy-to-use form for patients to note liquid intake, trips to the bathroom, and urine leaks.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.