General Information About UTIs
- The National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC) offers several resources:
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney Infection lists the causes and symptoms of kidney infection in adults and explains the use of antibiotics to treat infection. View the Pyelonephritis: Kidney Infection PDF (PDF - 156 KB).
- Urinary Tract Infections in Adults describes the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of UTIs. View the Urinary Tract Infections in Adults PDF (PDF- 262 KB).
- Urinary Tract Infections in Children describes the signs and symptoms of UTIs in children, explains diagnostic procedures and treatment, and emphasizes the importance of evaluation to prevent permanent damage to a child's kidneys or urinary system.
- What I Need to Know About Urinary Tract Infections uses plain language and illustrations to help individuals understand UTIs. It also describes the signs and symptoms of infection and explains diagnostic procedures and possible treatments. View the What I Need to Know About Urinary Tract Infection PDF (PDF - 319 KB) or the Spanish language version (PDF - 330 KB).
- What I need to know about My Child's Urinary Tract Infection uses plain language and illustrations to help parents care for a child with a urinary tract infection. It also describes the signs and symptoms of infection and explains diagnostic procedures and possible treatments. View the What I need to know about My Child's Urinary Tract Infection PDF Version (PDF - 4.39 MB) or the Spanish language version (PDF - 683 KB).
- The Urology Care Foundation's publication Urinary Tract Infections in Children provides answers to frequently asked questions about UTIs.
General Information About UI
- The National Institute on Aging's AgePage: Urinary Incontinence describes causes, diagnosis, and treatment of UI in older adults. View the AgePage: Urinary Incontinence PDF (PDF - 163 KB).
- What I need to know about Bladder Control for Women is a comprehensive introduction to the causes, symptoms, and treatments for bladder control problems in women. View the What I need to know about Bladder Control for Women PDF (PDF - 854 KB).
- Daily Bladder Diary is an easy-to-use form for patients to note liquid intake, trips to the bathroom, and urine leaks. View the Daily Bladder Diary PDF (PDF - 131 KB).
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.