You’re prepared for ALMOST anything…
- Hundreds of dirty diapers.
- Dozens of loads of laundry.
- Middle-of-the-night feedings.
But are you prepared for the possibility of depression and anxiety?
If you’re like many pregnant women, nothing could be further from your mind. But depression and anxiety can happen before or after birth.
Learn these signs:
- Intense anger, worry, or unhappiness; extreme mood swings.
- Difficulty caring for yourself or your baby.
- Less interest in things you used to enjoy.
- Changes in your eating or sleeping habits.
Reach Out. Get Help. You Matter.
To learn more, visit nichd.nih.gov/MaternalMentalHealth.
To find a mental health provider in your area, call 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
Graphics: logos of HHS, NIH, NICHD, NCMHEP.