This website is sponsored by the American Academy of Family Physicians. It contains information about many conditions, for all ages, from newborns to seniors. Its Primer on Preemies contains information about the specific needs of infants born prematurely.
The Nemours Foundation sponsors this website, which contains health information for parents, for kids, and for teens. The article “About NEC ” provides an entry-level but thorough review of the condition.
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
The hospital website’s article “Necrotizing Enterocolitis ” offers a succinct but detailed review of the disease.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- MedlinePlus, a service of the NLM, also provides an article on NEC.
- The PubMed Health article on NEC is available as a service of the NLM and is part of the A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia, which is accredited by the American Accreditation HealthCare Commission.
Services, Resources, and Support
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
The society is dedicated to improving the outcomes of pregnancy by advancing the science and practice of obstetric care through education of physicians and patients and through research. The society offers a physician finder and consumer information. The society and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Foundation constitute both a professional association and a source of information for health care consumers.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.