The NICHD's wide-ranging mission to advance knowledge about health through the lifespan means that the Institute studies a broad range of health topics.
This section provides details about those topics and includes the following information for each topic:
- Overview. Includes a general description or definition of the topic and some fast facts about it.
- Condition or Topic Information. Provides basic information—what, why, and how—on a topic for an audience of non-researchers, such as parents, families, and patients.
- Research Information. Describes the NICHD's research goals and activities related to the topic for those with a more scientific background, such as researchers and health care providers.
- Clinical Trials. Lists studies that involve people or groups of people on a specific topic.
- Resources and Publications. Provides links to organizations and additional information for each topic with both non-researchers and researchers/health care providers in mind.
Please note that information provided through the NICHD website is not intended as a diagnosis, nor should it replace advice from your health care provider.