Training and Career Development Opportunities
The NCMRR supports the following training opportunities specific to its portfolio:
- Individual Research Fellowships (F): The NICHD supports fellowships under the National Research Service Award program for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Individual Predoctoral M.D./Ph.D. and Other Dual Doctoral Degree Fellows (F30)
- Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to Provide Diversity (F31)
- Individual Postdoctoral Fellowships (F32)
- Career Development (K) Awards: The NICHD sponsors awards for senior level postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty.
- Mentored Career Development Awards (K01, K08, K23, K25, K99)
- For the K01, applicants must have clinical training in a rehabilitation-related profession (e.g., P.T., O.T., R.N., or Speech and Language pathologist), possess a doctoral level degree (e.g., Ph.D., D.Eng., D.Ed.), and be committed to a career as an independent investigator in medical rehabilitation.
- Career Development Awards for Independent Investigators (K24)
- Institutional Training Grants (T32/K12): These awards are made to institutions to support groups of pre- and/or postdoctoral fellows, including trainees in basic, clinical, and behavioral sciences.
- Institutional Training Grants (T32)
- Institutional Career Development Programs (K12)
- Education Grants (R25): NICHD sponsors education grants for summer research experiences and methodologically oriented short courses.
- Summer Education Grants (R25)
- NICHD Short Courses (R25)
In addition, the Center participates in other NICHD-wide training and career development opportunities. Visit Support for Training at Universities and Other Institutions (Extramural)
for more information.