- Of the information we learn about you from your visit to the NICHD Web site, we store only the following: the domain name from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the web site from which you direct-linked to our site. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
- When inquiries are e-mailed to us, we store the question and the e-mail address information so that we can respond electronically. Unless otherwise required by statute, we do not identify publicly who sends questions or comments to our web site. We will not obtain information that will allow us to personally identify you when you visit our site, unless you chose to provide such information to us.
- Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Registration information is collected solely for the purposes of the conference and will not be stored on this site or shared with any other entity.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster at email@example.com.
Back to Top
We encourage and look forward to an active exchange of ideas. To maintain a respectful dialogue, we ask that everyone follow these guidelines:
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited.
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the conversation at hand.
- Tell the truth. Intentional spreading of misleading or false information is prohibited.
- Do not post:
- Solicitations, advertisements, or commercial endorsements
- Defamatory or fraudulent information
- Spam (includes repeated posts, comments, and links to other sites)
- Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics
- Documents of any kind
- Comments or images that suggest illegal activity or that contain illegal content
- Partisan political views
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language, or content
- Participate at your own risk. You should take personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
Comments are welcome at any time; however the NICHD will only moderate and post comments during regular business hours.
The NICHD retains the right to remove comments that violate its comment policy at any time. Repeated violation of this comment policy could result in blocking or removal from access as applicable for the new media platform.
This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any NICHD-managed forum, including Facebook and Twitter. We encourage your participation in our discussion(s) and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
Reporters should not post questions or requests on any new media platform; instead, those questions and inquiries should be sent to the NICHD Public Information and Communications Branch through normal channels.
Back to Top
Links to "external sites"—those not maintained by the NICHD—are provided only for convenience. The HHS, NIH, and NICHD are not responsible in any way for external sites and do not endorse or support the products, services, or information that they may describe or offer. Please note that non-government sites may have privacy and other policies that are different from the NICHD’s policies.
Back to Top
Information (including text, multimedia content, and user comments) shared through new media platforms does not necessarily represent the views of the NICHD, the NIH, or the HHS. For official information, visit the NICHD Web site.
The NICHD may provide users with health information for educational purposes only. We urge you to consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnoses and for answers to your personal medical questions.
Back to Top
The NICHD does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information. Any PII you chose to provide will not be shared by NICHD with any other organization or government agency except as required by law. Non-PII to your visit to this Web site or to a third-party Web site may be automatically collected and temporarily stored. For more information on privacy issues, please view the NICHD Disclaimer and Privacy Notice.
Back to Top