NICHD Publications and Resources
The NICHD supports research networks that aim to advance health care for women. These include:
- Global Network for Women’s and Children’s Health Research
- International Maternal, Pediatric, Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials Network
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network
- Maternal-Fetal Surgery Network
- Obstetric-Fetal Pharmacology Research Unit Network
- Prenatal Alcohol and SIDS and Stillbirth Network
- Stillbirth Collaborative Research Network
- National Child and Maternal Health Education Program
- National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research
- Reproductive Medicine Network
Additional resources are:
- NIH Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH)
The ORWH promotes women’s health research within the NIH community and beyond.
- National Child and Maternal Health Education Program (NCMHEP)
NCMHEP provides a forum for reviewing, translating, and disseminating new research on maternal and child health.
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
AWHONN promotes the health of women and newborns and works to strengthen the nursing profession, providing education and resources for health professionals.
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)
The MCHB of the Health Resources and Services Administration publishes Child Health USA, an annual report detailing the health status of America’s children.
- Society for Women’s Health Research (SWHR)
The SWHR works to improve women’s health through advocacy, education, and research, focusing on the sex differences.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on these pages do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.