- NICHD Resources:
- Division of Extramural Research
- Child Development and Behavior Branch (CDBB)
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Branch (IDDB)
- Maternal & Pediatric Infectious Disease Branch (MPIDB)
- Pediatric Growth & Nutrition Branch (PGNB)
- Population Dynamics Branch (PDB)
- Pregnancy and Perinatology Branch (PPB)
- Division of Intramural Research
- Section on Neuroendocrinology
- National Center for Medical Rehabilitation Research (NCMRR)
This scientific meeting is jointly sponsored by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society. The societies also publish the monthly peer-reviewed journal Sleep .
- NIH Basic Behavioral and Social Science Opportunity Network
Collectively funded by all NIH Institutes and Centers, the network provides research support for various extramural research areas, including sleep.
- National Center on Sleep Disorders Research
This NHLBI website maintains information on current research funding opportunities and professional education.
- Read more about NHLBI-supported research on sleep disorders.
- Access the NIH 2011 Sleep Disorders Research Plan
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
In 2004, NCCAM held the National Sleep Conference, which brought together health care providers, public health and education experts, policy makers, patient advocacy organizations, sleep medicine specialists, and other stakeholders. Access video from the conference.
- European Sleep Research Society
This international scientific organization supports sleep research and sleep medicine through scientific publications, meetings, and training awards.
- World Federation of Sleep Research and Sleep Medicine Societies
This international federation aims to promote sleep health as a public health priority, disseminate information on sleep, increase awareness of the importance of sleep research, and support training in sleep medicine.
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
AASM is a professional society of physicians, researchers, and health care professionals who support research on sleep, sleep disorders, and the treatment of sleep disorders.
- The Sleep Research Society (SRS)
SRS members include scientific investigators who teach and conduct research on sleep and sleep disorders.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.