- The Endocrine Society
This organization offers information about basic and applied research in endocrinology, awards and grants, and opportunities for discussion with colleagues.
- Pediatric Endocrine Society
This organization publishes an open access journal, organizes regular meetings, keeps a listing of newsgroups and listservs for health care professionals, and maintains a database of clinical studies in pediatric endocrinology.
- The MAGIC Foundation
The foundation offers educational programs for school nurses and other health care professionals.
- Society for Endocrinology
This British society offers information for professionals through dedicated portals for science, clinical practice, and careers and for endocrine nurses and young endocrinologists. Access the society's resources for professionals.
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
ACOG issues clinical practice guidelines on topics including the start of menstruation, primary ovarian insufficiency in adolescents, and a girl's first reproductive health visit. Find these guidelines online.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
The Academy's Committee on Adolescence is concerned with the health needs of adolescents. Review committee statements and other professional resources.
- The following is a list of selected articles from the professional literature about puberty and precocious puberty:
- Examination of puberty-timing data from 1940 to 1994 for secular trends: Panel findings
- Idiopathic central precocious puberty in girls: Presentation factors
- Pathogenesis and epidemiology of precocious puberty: Effects of exogenous oestrogens (PDF – 147 KB)
- The NIH experience with precocious puberty: Diagnostic subgroups and response to short-term luteinizing hormone releasing hormone analogue therapy
- Precocious puberty in girls: Early diagnosis of a slowly progressing variant
- Precocious puberty: A comprehensive review of literature
- Psychological aspects of precocious puberty. An overview
- Access clinical information about precocious puberty.
- Review slides presenting a scientific and clinical overview of precocious puberty. (PDF – 338 KB)
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.