- NLM: Precocious Puberty
A brief overview of precocious puberty for parents, including information about related disorders, is available from the NLM.
- PES Educational Materials
PES provides information on signs, causes, diagnosis, and treatment of precocious puberty. It also provides an overview of premature adrenarche, which is commonly diagnosed in children who have signs of precocious puberty.
- Hormone Health Network
The Hormone Foundation maintains information for parents and others about various conditions affected by the balance and function of hormones in the body. Read the fact sheet on precocious puberty in English (PDF – 919 KB) or Spanish (PDF – 919 KB) .
A helpful overview of the topic of precocious puberty is available from the AAP. The academy also has reported on a trend among girls toward a younger onset of puberty.
- Society for Endocrinology
The Society for Endocrinology’s You & Your Hormones site provides answers to common questions about the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of precocious puberty.
- National Research Center for Women and Families
The center is a nongovernment organization that advocates for public health and safety and provides information based on research findings about health and development.
Organizations, Support, and Services
Finding an Endocrinologist
- Endocrinologists are doctors with expertise in the production, function, and balance of hormones in the body throughout the life cycle. These doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating disorders of glands that produce hormones, such as the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, pancreas, pituitary gland, hypothalamus, ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands. The Hormone Health Network maintains information about the types of expertise these specialists can provide.
- ACOG is an association of obstetricians, gynecologists, and other health professionals who provide health care to women.
- AAP members are health care providers devoted to the health of children.
Joining a Support Group
- The MAGIC Foundation
In addition to general information about a wide variety of critical and/or chronic disorders, syndromes, or diseases that affect a child's growth, the MAGIC Foundation offers opportunities to participate in online chat groups and parent education sessions.
- CARES Foundation
The CARES Foundation focuses on improving the lives of families touched by congenital adrenal hyperplasia and seeks to advance quality health care through support, advocacy, education, and research.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.