- Neonatal Research Network (NRN)
The NICHD-supported NRN, funded by the Pregnancy and Perinatology Branch, is a network of academic centers that combine efforts to answer critical research questions pertaining to the advancement of neonatal care more quickly than any one center could alone.
- The NRN Extremely Preterm Birth Outcomes Data uses data from NRN studies to help health care providers estimate possible outcomes for these infants. This information is not intended to predict an outcome for a specific infant.
- The NRN website provides information about the network, including sites and principal investigators at those sites, and offers a variety of tools and links as well as an up-to-date list of publications and ongoing clinical studies.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
The academy provides a wide array of information for health care providers, including a searchable database of presentations at its national meetings. In addition, several academy committees address issues related to NEC:
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.)
The society published Clinical Guidelines: Nutrition Support for Neonatal Patients at Risk for NEC, which provides recommendations on feeding for infants at high risk for NEC.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.