The following featured articles include those from NICHD researchers or NICHD-supported researchers.
- Collett, B. R., Gray, K. E., Starr, J. R., Heike, C. L., Cunningham, M. L., & Speltz, M. L. (2013). Development at age 36 months in children with deformational plagiocephaly. Pediatrics, 131, e109–115. PMID: 23266929
- Ranger, M., Celeste Johnston, C., Rennick, J. E., Limperopoulos, C., Heldt, T., & du Plessis, A. J. (2013). A multidimensional approach to pain assessment in critically ill infants during a painful procedure. The Clinical Journal of Pain. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23328334
- Carlo, W. A., Goudar, S. S , Pasha, O., Chomba ,E,. Wallander, J. L., Biasini, F. J., et al. (2012). Randomized trial of early developmental intervention on outcomes in children after birth asphyxia in developing countries. Journal of Pediatrics, S0022-3476(12)01144-4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23164311
- Cates, C. B., Dreyer, B. P., Berkule, S. B., White, L. J., Arevalo, J. A., Mendelsohn, A. L. (2012). Infant communication and subsequent language development in children from low-income families: the role of early cognitive stimulation. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 33, 577–785. PMID: 22947884
- Chantry, C. J., Young, S. L., Rennie, W., Ngonyani, M., Mashio, C., Israel-Ballard, K., et al. (2012). Feasibility of using flash-heated breastmilk as an infant feeding option for HIV-exposed, uninfected infants after 6 months of age in urban Tanzania. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 60, 43–50. PMID: 22362154
- Cole, W. G., Lingeman, J. M., & Adolph, K. E. (2012). Go naked: diapers affect infant walking. Developmental Science, 15, 783–790. PMID: 23106732
- Dawodu, A., & Wagner, C. L. (2012). Prevention of vitamin D deficiency in mothers and infants worldwide - a paradigm shift. Paediatrics and International Child Health, 32, 3–13. PMID: 22525442
- Dube, Q., Dow, A., Chirambo, C., Lebov, J., Tenthani, L., Moore, M., et al. (2012). Implementing early infant diagnosis of HIV infection at the primary care level: experiences and challenges in Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 90, 699–704. PMID: 22984315
- Elverson, C. A., Wilson, M. E., Hertzog, M. A., & French, J. A. (2012). Social regulation of the stress response in the transitional newborn: A pilot study. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 27, 214–224. PMID: 22525809
- French, G. M., Nicholson, L., Skybo, T., Klein, E. G., Schwirian, P. M., Murray-Johnson, L., et al. (2012). An evaluation of mother-centered anticipatory guidance to reduce obesogenic infant feeding behaviors. Pediatrics, 130, e507–517. PMID: 22891225
- Garrido, D., Barile, D., & Mills, D. A. (2012). A molecular basis for bifidobacterial enrichment in the infant gastrointestinal tract. Advances in Nutrition, 3, 415S–421S. PMID: 22585920
- Henrick, B. M., Nag, K., Yao, X. D., Drannik, A. G., Aldrovandi, G. M., & Rosenthal, K. L. (2012). Milk matters: soluble Toll-like receptor 2 (sTLR2) in breast milk significantly inhibits HIV-1 infection and inflammation. PLoS One, 77, e40138. PMID: 22792230
- Lee, H. C., Kurtin, P. S., Wight, N. E., Chance, K., Cucinotta-Fobes, T., Hanson-Timpson, T. A., et al. (2012). A quality improvement project to increase breast milk use in very low birth weight infants. Pediatrics, 130, e1679–1687. PMID: 23129071
- Lutz, K. F., Burnson, C., Hane, A., Samuelson, A., Maleck, S., & Poehlmann, J. (2012). Parenting stress, social support, and mother-child interactions in families of multiple and singleton preterm toddlers. Family Relations, 1, 642–656. PMID: 23125472
- McDaniel, B. T, & Teti, D. M. (2012). Coparenting quality during the first three months after birth: the role of infant sleep quality. Journal of Family Psychology, 26, 886–895. PMID: 23244456
- McCormick, M. C., Buka, S., Brooks-Gunn, J., Salganik, M., & Mao, W. (2012). Effect of early educational intervention on younger siblings: the Infant Health and Development Program. Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine, 66, 891–896. PMID: 22664795
- Ruhaak, L. R., & Lebrilla, C. B. (2012). Advances in analysis of human milk oligosaccharides. Advances in Nutrition, 3, 406S–414S. PMID: 22585919
- Shankaran, S., Barnes, P. D., Hintz, S. R., Laptook, A. R., Zaterka-Baxter, K. M., McDonald, S. A., et al. (2012). Brain injury following trial of hypothermia for neonatal hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy. Archives of Disease in Childhood. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23080477
- Shankaran, S., Pappas, A., McDonald, S. A., Vohr, B. R., Hintz, S. R., Yolton, K., et al. (2012). Childhood outcomes after hypothermia for neonatal encephalopathy. New England Journal of Medicine, 366, 2085–2092. PMID: 22646631
- Toews, M., Wells, W. M. 3rd, & Zöllei, L. (2012). A feature-based developmental model of the infant brain in structural MRI. Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, 15, 204–211. PMID: 23286050
- Vaucher, Y. E., Peralta-Carcelen, M., Finer, N. N., Carlo, W. A., Gantz, M. G., Walsh, M. C., et al. (2012). Neurodevelopmental outcomes in the early CPAP and pulse oximetry trial. New England Journal of Medicine, 367, 2495–2504. PMID: 23268664
- Wildschut, E. D., van Saet, A., Pokorna, P., Ahsman, M. J., Van den Anker, J. N., & Tibboel, D. (2012). The impact of extracorporeal life support and hypothermia on drug disposition in critically ill infants and children. Pediatric Clinics of North America, 59, 1183–1204. PMID: 23036251
- Ceballos, M. (2011). Simulating the effects of acculturation and return migration on the maternal and infant health of Mexican immigrants in the United States: a research note. Demography, 48, 425–436. PMID: 21533661
- Darcy, J. M., Grzywacz, J. G., Stephens, R. L., Leng, I., Clinch, C. R., & Arcury, T. A. (2011). Maternal depressive symptomatology: 16-month follow-up of infant and maternal health-related quality of life. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine, 24, 249–257. PMID: 21551396
PubMed Search Results
Use the link below to search the PubMed database, which includes more than 20 million scientific articles and citations.
- PubMed search results for articles with keywords "infant care" that were supported or conducted by NICHD
- PubMed search results for all articles with keywords "infant care"
- PubMed search results for articles with keywords "infant health" that were supported or conducted by NICHD
- PubMed search results for all articles with keywords "infant health"