- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
ACOG is the nation's leading group of obstetricians and gynecologists (OB/GYNs) and other professionals providing health care for women.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
The ASRM is devoted to advancing knowledge and expertise in reproductive medicine and biology. The organization also hosts a website for patient and consumer information .
- The Endometriosis Association (EA) provides educational literature and support services and funds research on endometriosis, on the development of endometriosis, and treatments for the condition.
- HHS Office on Women's Health promotes health equity for women and disseminates health information on topics that are of particular interest for women.
- MedlinePlus is a service of the National Library of Medicine that compiles information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in plain language from the NIH and other trusted sources.
- Endometriosis.org is a global forum for news and information pertaining to medical treatments, surgical treatments, and emotional support for women who have endometriosis.
Services, Resources, and Support
- EA provides a good deal of information and news about endometriosis (in addition to the brochures mentioned above, which come in dozens of languages), as well as many services to members. Some resources on the site are available in Spanish.
- Endometriosis.org provides a wide range of information for consumers about the disease itself, treatments, and other resources. These include links to support groups and online forums for women with endometriosis worldwide, and a section for the families and partners of women with endometriosis.
- Endometriosis Research Center maintains and offers a vast database of accurate materials on every aspect of endometriosis for practitioners, researchers, patients, and their families. It maintains a list of regional support programs and groups and offers a section on alternative therapies for management of endometriosis .
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.