Find scientific articles on bullying from NICHD researchers and NICHD-supported researchers.
The following featured articles include those from NICHD researchers and NICHD-supported researchers:
- Tynes, B. M., Rose, C. A., Hiss, S., Umaña-Taylor, A. J., Mitchell, K., & Williams, D. (2016). Virtual environments, online racial discrimination, and adjustment among a diverse, school-based sample of adolescents. International Journal of Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations, 6(3), 1–16. PMID: 27134698
- Russell, S. T., Day, J. K., Ioverno, S., & Toomey, R. B. (2016). Are school policies focused on sexual orientation and gender identity associated with less bullying? Teachers' perspectives. Journal of School Psychology, 54, 29–38. PMID: 26790701
- Fisher, H. L., Caspi, A., Moffitt, T. E., Wertz, J., Gray, R., Newbury, J., et al. (2015). Measuring adolescents' exposure to victimization: The Environmental Risk (E-Risk) Longitudinal Twin Study. Development and Psychopathology, 27(4 Pt 2), 1399–1416. PMID: 26535933
- Rose, C. A., & Tynes, B. M. (2015). Longitudinal associations between cybervictimization and mental health among U.S. adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 57(3), 305–312. PMID: 26115909
- Kochel, K. P., Ladd, G. W., Bagwell, C. L., & Yabko, B. A. (2015). Bully/victim profiles' differential risk for worsening peer acceptance: The role of friendship. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 41, 38–45. PMID: 26309346
- Rosenthal, L., Earnshaw, V. A., Carroll-Scott, A., Henderson, K. E., Peters, S. M., McCaslin, C., et al. (2015). Weight- and race-based bullying: Health associations among urban adolescents. Journal of Health Psychology, 20(4), 401–412. PMID: 24155192
- Ybarra, M. L., Mitchell, K. J., Kosciw, J. G., & Korchmaros, J. D. (2015). Understanding linkages between bullying and suicidal ideation in a national sample of LGB and heterosexual youth in the United States. Prevention Science, 16(3), 451–462. PMID: 25322949
- Shetgiri, R., Lin, H., & Flores, G. (2015). Suboptimal maternal and paternal mental health are associated with child bullying perpetration. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 46(3), 455–465. PMID: 25096508
- Perlus, J. G., Brooks-Russell, A., Wang, J., & Iannotti, R. J. (2014). Trends in bullying, physical fighting, and weapon carrying among 6th- through 10th-grade students from 1998 to 2010: Findings from a national study. American Journal of Public Health, 104(6), 1100–1106. PMID: 24825213
- Ybarra, M. L., Espelage, D. L., & Mitchell, K. J. (2014). Differentiating youth who are bullied from other victims of peer-aggression: The importance of differential power and repetition. Journal of Adolescent Health, 55(2), 293–300. PMID: 24726463
Use the links below to search the PubMed database of more than 20 million citations for scientific articles.