- Bone Health Information for You and Your Patients
This CD-ROM from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases includes patient education materials, professional education resources, links to clinical trials, and resources from NIH, other federal agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS)
ODS publishes fact sheets for health professionals on the following topics:
The office also organized a conference in September 2007 on the topic of Vitamin D and Health in the 21st Century.
- Health and Medicine Division (HMD) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
The HMD issued a consensus report on November 30, 2010, titled Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D .
- Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ)
AHRQ periodically issues reports from its Evidence-based Practice Centers:
- Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Branch (PGNB) of the NICHD
The PGNB (formerly the Endocrinology, Nutrition, and Growth [ENG] Branch) provides the NICHD with a focus for research and research training in nutritional science, childhood antecedents of adult disease, developmental endocrinology, developmental neuroendocrinology, and physical growth and body composition, including bone health and obesity.
- NIH Consensus Development Program
As part of this program, an independent panel met in 2010 to assess the available data on lactose intolerance.
- NIH Consensus Development Conference: Lactose Intolerance and Health—Final Panel Statement
Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) Testing
- The Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch of the NICHD maintains information and resources on OI testing.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.