- NICHD Resources
- National Database for Autism Research (NDAR)
NDAR includes relevant data at all levels of biological and behavioral organization (i.e., molecules, genes, neural tissues, social and environmental interactions) and for all data types (e.g., text, numeric, image, time series).
- NIH Autism Coordinating Committee
This page describes the activities of this NIH-wide committee, of which the NICHD is a founding and active member.
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC)
This page describes the activities of this government-wide committee, which includes representatives from the NICHD.
- Autism Genetic Resource Exchange
This exchange provides biomaterials and an unprecedented resource of phenotype and genotype information that is freely available for analysis by members of the scientific community.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The CDC provides the following patient materials, screening tools, and diagnostic information for health care providers:
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
Professional resources for providers are available from the AAP:
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
The NINDS Autism Information Page provides general information and resources on autism, its treatment, prognosis, research, and clinical trials.
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
Practical Oral Care for People with Autism is a guide for health care providers about how to provide oral care to those with ASD. The Institute also provides a 2-hour continuing education module for dental health professionals about how to provide oral care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
The NIMH’s Autism Spectrum Disorder page provides information about NIMH research and other activities related to autism.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.