May 7, 2009
The NCMRR will conduct its May 2009 NABMRR meeting as a “virtual” meeting using Adobe® Connect®. The NABMRR virtual meeting will open at 12:50 p.m. Eastern time on May 7, 2009. The meeting will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Those wishing to participate may either:
- Come to the NCMRR conference room at 6100 Executive Boulevard, Room 2A03, Rockville, Maryland, or
- Take part from a remote location using the instructions below.
If you are planning to participate in the meeting (in person or remotely), please contact the NCMRR prior to the meeting to facilitate planning and to enable the NCMRR to provide any updates or background materials. Please send a brief e-mail to Janice Wahlmann at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your affiliation and whether you are planning to join the meeting in person or from a remote location.
To access the meeting from a remote location, you will need access to a telephone, high-speed Internet connection, and a computer (Windows or Mac operating system) with an Internet browser with Flash Player Version 8 or higher. To connect to meeting from a remote location:
- Type the URL https://webmeeting.nih.gov/ncmrr/ into your browser.
- Enter as a “guest”, type your first name, last name, and organization as indicated.
- Then select “Enter Room”.
- The virtual meeting will load into your browser.
- A small window will appear prompting you for your telephone number. Enter your 10-digit telephone number, and select the “call me” button. The conference call system will dial your phone at the number you provided. This will be a “listen only” conference call; all telephone lines will be muted during the meeting; participants will be able to provide written input via your computer during the course of the meeting.
- If you have any difficulty with the Adobe® Connect® system, you can call in to the conference call directly at 1-888-727-6732, passcode 884544.
To pre-test your computer connection, you can run a simple test by going to: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm and going through the first three tests. (Please note that test #4, the Adobe® Connect® Add-In Test, is not required to participate in this meeting). If you have not participated in an Adobe® Connect® meeting before, the NICHD suggests that you perform this pre-test at least 24 hours before the NABMRR meeting to ensure enough time to resolve any technical issues before the meeting.