Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POI): For Researchers and Health Care Practitioners
- At the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) 2011 Annual Conference, Lawrence Nelson, M.D., head of the NICHD Integrative Reproductive Medicine Group, gave a presentation discussing the menstrual cycle as an indicator of overall health and introducing the Menstrual Cycle Consortium.
- The Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD), part of the NIH Office of Rare Diseases Research, offers information about clinical trials, conferences, and other scientific resources regarding premature ovarian failure.
- NIH Research Radio has released several podcasts about POI:
- News update: Slowing an immune attack on mouse ovaries (July 15, 2011)
- Young women with menopause-like condition at risk for depression (January 18, 2011)
- Delay in diagnosis of menopause-like condition in young women linked to low bone density(August 13, 2009)
- The Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man database contains information about genes linked to premature ovarian failure.
Support for Teens
Last Updated Date: 06/26/2013
Last Reviewed Date: 04/12/2013