- NICHD Backgrounder: Myelomeningocele
- March of Dimes: Neural Tube Defects (Birth Defects) . This site offers information about the most common neural tube defects, their risks, and their prevention. The March of Dimes also supports research on neural tube defects and other birth defects, prematurity, and infant health.
- Medical Home Portal: Neural Tube Defects—Description . The Medical Home Portal is a project of the Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah. This site contains information primarily on spina bifida, with links to related services in Utah and some other states.
- MedlinePlus, National Library of Medicine: Neural Tube Defects. This National Institutes of Health website provides a brief overview of these conditions, with links to a wide array of related information.
- Spina Bifida Association: Frequently Asked Questions About Spina Bifida . In addition to answers to many questions about spina bifida, this site contains links to additional information and resources, including “Living with Spina Bifida” and a “Research Center,” and links to ongoing research.
Services, Resources, and Support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Living with Spina Bifida, a series of articles and resources about living with spina bifida at different stages of life.
- Medical Home Portal: Services & Resources . This page is divided into a number of types of services and resources. Each allows a search for the needed service or resource.
- Spina Bifida Association
- Resource Directory . In addition to its “Top Ten Topics,” this page links to “Other Resources & Links” with more than three dozen agencies and organizations that can provide information or resources for spina bifida patients and their families.
- Spina Bifida Clinics . This page provides a map with links to clinics in each state that specialize in care and treatment for spina bifida.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.