Infant Care and Infant Health: For Patients and Consumers
Services, Resources, and Support
SIDS Risk Reduction
Tips and Tools for Infant Care and Safety
- Safety Checklists and more are available from the AAP. This website offers downloadable growth charts, immunization records, and safety checklists.
- The AAP offers an audio-recorded interview with Jatinder Bhatia, MD, FAAP, on infant nutrition and first foods.
- NICHD: Tummy Time explains the importance of making sure infants get enough time on their tummies to help their physical development.
- The Consumer Products Safety Commission offers a PDF (PDF - 603 KB) booklet entitled The Safe Nursery. This booklet can help parents and caregivers prevent dangers from furniture and baby equipment.
- To check for recalls and safety advisories for car seats, strollers, and other baby equipment, consult this online resource provided by the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
- The AAP maintains a listing of pediatric health care providers that can be accessed here: Find a Pediatrician
- All About Sleep, produced by the AAFP, is an article (also available as an audio recording) that helps parents and caregivers understand their child's need for sleep and the child's sleep patterns. It also offers tips to establish a bedtime routine that can help the whole family get a good night's sleep.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 06/24/2013
Last Reviewed Date: 04/12/2013