The office also organized a conference in September 2007 on the topic of Vitamin D and Health in the 21st Century.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
The IOM issued a consensus report on November 30, 2010, titled Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D .
- Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ)
AHRQ periodically issues reports from its Evidence-based Practice Centers:
- Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Branch (PGNB) of the NICHD
The PGNB (formerly the Endocrinology, Nutrition, and Growth [ENG] Branch) provides the NICHD with a focus for research and research training in nutritional science, childhood antecedents of adult disease, developmental endocrinology, developmental neuroendocrinology, and physical growth and body composition, including bone health and obesity.
- Milk Matters—For Health Care Providers
This NICHD public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among teens. This campaign offers free publications and materials about the importance of dietary calcium. Some of these items are geared toward parents and children. Other items are directed toward health care professionals. Items are available for download or for order through the NICHD Publications website .
- NIH Consensus Development Program
As part of this program, an independent panel met in 2010 to assess the available data on lactose intolerance.
- NIH Consensus Development Conference: Lactose Intolerance and Health—Final Panel Statement
Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) Testing
- The Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch of the NICHD maintains information and resources on OI testing.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.