The office also organized a conference in September 2007 on the topic of Vitamin D and Health in the 21st Century.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
The IOM issued a consensus report on November 30, 2010, titled Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D .
- Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ)
AHRQ periodically issues reports from its Evidence-based Practice Centers:
- Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Branch (PGNB) of the NICHD
The PGNB (formerly the Endocrinology, Nutrition, and Growth [ENG] Branch) provides the NICHD with a focus for research and research training in nutritional science, childhood antecedents of adult disease, developmental endocrinology, developmental neuroendocrinology, and physical growth and body composition, including bone health and obesity.
- NIH Consensus Development Program
As part of this program, an independent panel met in 2010 to assess the available data on lactose intolerance.
- NIH Consensus Development Conference: Lactose Intolerance and Health—Final Panel Statement
Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) Testing
- The Bone and Extracellular Matrix Branch of the NICHD maintains information and resources on OI testing.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.