Asperger Syndrome: For Researchers and Health Care Providers
Skip sharing on social media links
Information about Asperger Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASDs) for Researchers
- Autism Centers of Excellence (ACE) Program. The site describes the trans-NIH research effort on ASD.
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee. The site outlines the activities of this government-wide committee, which includes NICHD representatives.
- National Database for Autism Research. The database includes relevant data at all levels of biological and behavioral organization (that is, molecules, genes, neural tissues, social and environmental interactions) and for all data types (text, numeric, image, time series).
- NICHD Brain and Tissue Bank for Developmental Disorders . The brain and tissue bank systematically collects, stores, and distributes brain and other tissues for research dedicated to the improved understanding, care, and treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities, including ASDs.
- NICHD's Learning Disabilities Research Centers Consortium. The consortium conducts research on the causes, origins, and developmental course of learning disabilities. This consortium is supported by the NICHD Child Development and Behavior Branch and includes four research centers.
- NIH Autism Coordinating Committee. The site describes the activities of this NIH-wide committee, of which the NICHD is a founding and active member.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Information about Asperger Syndrome and ASDs for Health Care Providers
- Publications describing behaviors, abilities and disabilities in people with Asperger syndrome:
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 11/30/2012
Last Reviewed Date: 11/30/2012