Amenorrhea: For Researchers and Health Care Providers
Skip sharing on social media links
Information About Amenorrhea Research
- NIH Research Radio podcasts about menstrual irregularities:
- Delay in diagnosis of menopause-like condition in young women linked to low bone density (August 13, 2009)
- 2011 Annual Report of the NICHD Division of Intramural Research
Active studies include investigation of the adrenal glands and disorders of female reproduction.
- Fertility and Infertility (FI) Branch
The mission of the NICHD RS Branch is to encourage, enable, and support scientific research aimed at alleviating human infertility, uncovering new contraceptive leads, and expanding fundamental knowledge of the processes that underlie human reproduction.
- Reproductive Medicine Network
Funded through the NICHD Fertility and Infertility (FI) Branch, the Network leads multicenter clinical trials of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for infertility and reproductive diseases and disorders.
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
Devoted to advancing knowledge and expertise in reproductive medicine and biology, ASRM offers a tool to find a health professional by area of specialization. Read the ASRM Current Evaluation of Amenorrhea . (PDF - 146 KB)
- Ovarian Kaleidoscope Database
The Database provides information regarding the biological function, expression pattern, and regulation of genes expressed in the ovary. It also contains information on gene sequences, chromosomal localization, human and murine (mouse) mutation phenotypes, and links to biomedical publications.
Please note: Links to organizations and information included on this page do not indicate endorsement from the NICHD, NIH, or HHS.
Last Updated Date: 05/07/2013
Last Reviewed Date: 03/03/2013