The NICHD, National Institute on Nursing Research, and the NIH Office of Research on Women’s Health recently published funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) for Pregnancy in Women with Disabilities: PAR-11-258 (R01) and PAR-11-259 (R21).
The NCMRR provided rehabilitation-related input to these announcements and encourages rehabilitation professionals to review the announcements.
These PAs may be of particular interest to biomedical engineers who can address the following:
Design and testing of adaptive equipment and technologies and support systems to assist women with disabilities in achieving greater independence in pregnancy and parenting.
Standard receipt dates apply. Please visit the PAs for more specific information, or contact Nancy Shinowara.
Other FOAs That Might Be of Interest to Biomedical Engineers
- PAR-11-203 Predictive Multiscale Models for Biomedical, Biological, Behavioral, Environmental and Clinical Research (Interagency U01)
- PAR-11-020 Technologies for Healthy Independent Living (R01)
- PAR-11-021 Design and Development of Novel Technologies for Healthy Independent Living (R21)
- NOT-NS-11-006 Collaborative Research in Computational Neuroscience (CRCNS) Innovative Approaches to Science and Engineering Research on Brain Function (R01)
- PAR-10-234 Bioengineering Research Partnerships (BRP)(R01)
- PA-10-175 Advanced Tools and Technologies for Deep Brain Stimulation (STTR [R41/R42])
- PA-10-176 Advanced Tools and Technologies for Deep Brain Stimulation (SBIR [R43/R44])
- PAR-10-140 Team-Based Design in Biomedical Engineering Education (R25)
- PA-10-010 Exploratory/Developmental Bioengineering Research Grants (EBRG) (R21)
- PA-10-009 Bioengineering Research Grants (BRG)(R01)
- PAR-09-220 Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology Initiative (SBIR [R43/R44])