by Cyma, Inc.
Cyma, Inc., completed the StepWatch 2.0 software for Windows TM and Macintosh TM computers in September 2002. The software allows minimally trained users to consistently achieve high accuracy. Rather than directly manipulating the instrument's many adjustable settings, the user simply describes the subject in the software using easily understood concepts.
The StepWatch TM interface screen used to define the equipment user's characteristics.
Other features of StepWatch TM 2.0 include:
- Quick viewing of data
- Easy filtering of data (selection of times and days to include for analysis)
- Automatic data analysis, including new measures of burst, sustained activity, most active 30 minutes of each day
- Exporting of raw data to spreadsheet files and analyses of that data
- Copying of tables and graphs for pasting into other software
- Flexible printing options
- Multi-user database for storing and comparing finalized, filtered data
- Comprehensive Help function built into software, with topics linked for easy navigation
- An Advanced Start mode, which provides full access to all programming parameters
- Robust communications
The StepWatch TM 2.0 sofware is compatible with Windows TM - based 9X, XP, and NT4, as well as with Macintosh TM - based OS 9 and OS X.
Development of the StepWatch 2.0 software was entirely funded by NIH NCMRR SBIR Grant# R44 HD39036.