Danping Liu, Ph.D.
February 21, 2014
Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch
Division of IntramuralPopulation Health Research
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
National Institute of Health
6100 Executive Blvd. Room 7B07H
Bethesda, MD 20892-7510
||B.S. Statistics, Peking University.
||M.Phil. Statistics, University of Hong Kong.
||Ph.D. Biostatistics, University of Washington.
- Medical diagnostic testing and ROC curve
- Missing data methodologies
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Nonparametric and semiparametric inferences
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, Departmentof Statistics, University of Hong Kong, 2003– 2005.
- Research Associate, Department of Statistics, University of Hong Kong, 2005–2006.
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, 2006–2010.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center, University of Washington, 2010–2012.
- Investigator, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, 2012–Present.
Visiting Scholar, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, La Trobe University, May–June
Visiting Scholar, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne, August– September 2005.
- Visiting Scholar, School of Mathematics and Statistics,University of South Australia, February– April 2006.
Honors and Awards
Panasonic Scholarship, Peking University (2000)
Outstanding Student Award, Peking University (2000, 2001, 2002)
- Distinguished Volunteer Award in SARS disease control, Peking University (2003)
- Distinguished Graduate Student Award, Peking University (2003)
- Donovan J. Thompson Award, University of Washington (2007)
- Outstanding Student Award, University of Washington (2009)
American Statistical Association, 2008–Present.
Western North American Region (WNAR) of the International Biometric Society, 2010–2011.
Eastern North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric Society, 2012–present.
International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA), 2013–Present.
Referee for: Academic Radiology (6), American Journal of Epidemiology (1), Biometrics (4), BMC Medical Research Methodology (3), Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology (2), Journal of the American Statistical Association (1), Science in China (2), Statistica Sinica (1), Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research (1), Statistics in Medicine (12), The Journal of Rheumatology (2).
- Session chair on “Joint Models For Longitudinal and Survival Data”, ENAR Spring Meeting,
Orlando, FL, March 2013.
- Session organizer and chair on “Recent Developments in Biomarker Researchand Medical Diagnosis”, ICSA Applied Statistics Symposium, Bethesda, MD, June 2013.
Member, ICSA Student Paper Award Committee, June 2013.
- Session chair on “Statistical Methods for Microarrayand Biomarker Data, ENAR Spring Meeting, Baltimore, MD, March 2014. ”
As Primary Mentor
- Kara Fulton, Postbaccalaureate Fellow, 2012-2013.
- VanTran, Summer Student, 2013.
- Ashok Chaurasia,PostdoctoralFellow, 2013-.
- Jared Foster, Postdoctoral Fellow, 2013-.
Refereed Research Articles
- Liu, D., Yip, P. S. F., and Huggins R. M. (2007). A nonparametric method for estimating the size of an openpopulation using marginal data from repeated multiple lists. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 49, 303-320.
- Yip,P. S. F.,Watson, R., Chan, K. S., Lau, E., Chen, F., Xu, T., Xi, L., Cheung, D. Y. T., Ip, B. Y. T., and Liu, D. (2010). Estimation of the number ofpeople in a demonstration. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 52, 17-26.
- Lin, H., Liu, D., and Zhou, X. H. (2010). A correlated random effects model for normal longitudinal data with nonignorable missingness. Statistics in Medicine, 29, 236-247.
- Liu, D. and Zhou, X. H. (2010). A model for adjusting for nonignorable verification bias in estimation of ROC curve and its area with likelihood-based approach. Biometrics, 66, 1119-1128.
- Liu, D. and Zhou, X. H. (2011). Semiparametric estimation of the covariate-specific ROC curve with ignorable missing gold standard. Biometrics, 67, 906-916.
- Liu, D. and Zhou, X. H. (2013). Covariate adjustment in estimating the area under ROC curve with partially missing gold standard. Biometrics, 69, 91-100.
- Liu, D. and Zhou, X. H. (2013). ROC analysis in biomarker combination with covariate adjustment. Academic Radiology, 20, 874-882.
- Liu, D. and Albert, P. S. (2014+). Combination of longitudinal biomarkers in predicting binary events. Under revision for Biostatistics.
- Fulton, K. A., Liu, D.*, Albert,P. S., and Haynie, D. L. (2014+). Zero-inflation in clustered binary response data: mixed model and estimating equation approaches. Under revision for Annals of Applied Statistics. (*co-first authorship)
- Liu, D., and Zhou,X.H. (2014+). Estimation of ROC curve with multiple types of missing gold standard. Submitted.
- Tran, V., Liu, D., Pradhan, A. K., Li, K., Bingham, C. R., Simons-Morton, B. G. and Albert, P. S. (2014+). Assessing risk-taking in a driving simulator study: modeling longitudinal semi-continuous driving data using a two part regression model with correlated random effects. Submitted.
Collaboration in Health Sciences
- Monsell, S. E., Liu, D., Weintraub, S., and Kukull, W. A. (2012). Comparing measures of decline to dementia in amnestic MCI subjects in the National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center (NACC) Uniform Data Set. International Psychogeriatrics, 24, 1553-1560.
- Männistö, T., Mendola,P., Liu, D., Leishear, K., Sherman, S., and Laughon, S. K. (2014+). Acute airpollution exposure and blood pressure at labor/delivery admission among women with and withouthypertension. Under revision for American Journal of Hypertension.
- Männistö, T., Mendola, P., Sundaram, R., Liu, D., Leishear, K., Sherman, S., Ying, Q., Schisterman,E.F.,and Laughon,S.K. (2014+). Acute and recent air pollution exposure and cardiovascular events at labor and delivery. Submitted.
- Robledo, C. A., Mendola, P., Yeung, E., Männistö, T., Sundaram, R., Liu, D., Ying, Q., Sherman, S., Lipsky, L., and Laughon, S. K. (2014+). Preconception airpollution exposures and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus. Submitted.
- Männistö, T., Mendola,P., Liu, D., Leishear, K., Ying, Q., and Sundaram, R. (2014+). Temporal variation in the acute effects of air pollution on blood pressure measuredat admission to labor/delivery. Submitted.
- Quick, V., Nansel, T. R., Liu, D., Lipsky, L. M., Due,P., and Iannotti, R. J. (2014+) Body image and weight control in youth: 9-year international trends from 24 countries. Under revision for International Journal of Obesity.
- WNAR Annual Meeting, Seattle,WA, June 2010.
- Department of Biostatistics, Indiana University at Indianapolis, January 2012.
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institute of Health, January 2012.
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Carolina, February 2012.
- School of Public Health, University of Memphis, February 2012.
- Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, State University of New York at Albany, March 2012.
- School of Nursing, University of Michigan, March 2012.
- ENAR Spring Meeting, Washington DC, April 2012.
- ICSA Applied Statistics Symposium, Bethesda, MD, June 2013.
Department of Statistics, George Mason University, October, 2013.
- Survival, Longitudinal And Multivariate Data Working Group, Department of Biostatistics, Johns Hopkins University, November, 2013.
- The 25th European Meeting of Statisticians, Oslo, Norway, July 2005.
- Joint Statistical Meetings, Denver, CO, August 2008.
- Joint Statistical Meetings,Washington DC, August 2009.
- WNAR Annual Meeting, Seattle,WA, June 2010.
- Joint Statistical Meetings,Vancouver, Canada, August 2010.
- ENAR Spring Meeting, Orlando, FL, March 2013.
- ENAR Spring Meeting, Baltimore, MD, March 2014.